Sunday, August 9, 2009

new additions...

Isn't it funny how you acquire things?

Last Sunday, Josh and I went to the Tulsa Flea Market to look for fun finds for our new house when we found a little more than we expected. FREE KITTENS!!! Now, most of our friends know that we both love cats (I know a lot of people don't like them) and in general we're both animal lovers, so it was hard to pass this opportunity up. We weren't sure if taking "free" kittens from a flea market was a good idea, but we went with our gut and trusted the people trying to find homes for them. Turns out their very healthy and very spunky! We figured it would be better for us to take at least a couple, knowing we would take good care of them and they wouldn't end up being left in a dump. At first we were only going to get one, the calico, and then we walked off. We went back to the woman and asked if we could have another one so she wouldn't be lonely and I think she was a bit shocked that we wanted them so much. I've been waiting a long time to have a cat and two would make it even better! They are a blast!



We named the black one Houdini because 1.)He's an excellent escape artist 2.)Because he'll just appear and disappear instantly (mostly because he's dark and hard to see) and 3.)It's just a cool name. We're having a hard time thinking of a name for the calico one. I want a name equally odd and human like for her as Houdini's is. So far we have these in the running and are trying them out (feel free to make suggestions too!) 1.)Frida (like the artist, I love her work, and it's almost like she has a little uni brow like her too! haha) 2.)Phoebe 3.)Hazel and we're still thinking up some.
We're so thankful to have a house so that we can have pets again! They are a joy and a hilarity in life! I know this post isn't about our house per se, but in a way they are our little additions to our family, and that's what home is all about right? Josh and I have been really busy with moving stuff around and as of right now we don't have an internet connection, so I've been trying to find the time to write a new entry, hopefully soon we'll have our house orderly and connected! Till next time!
- The Maxwell's -

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey bri- LOVE the new house, the blog, the kittens. I am so excited for your new family and life! :) Can't wait to read more about it!
love you,
cousin brooke

Brooke and Peter said...

that last comment was from me - brooke, but my friend was still signed in on my computer - oops.